Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yeah...my wierd feeling had reason

She took off last night. Her wonderful "friend" Gina came and picked her up and they went cruising around. Thing is, her friend Mandy, didn't go with. She stayed here, got frustrated, and went home while Cassie was out. Amazing what a parent can learn from reading text messages. Unfortunately, we didn't find out until 5:30 this morning, after she was home and back in bed. Or maybe that was God's way of letting us get a good night's sleep. The good news is she is home and we didn't have the hours of worry, wondering where she is. The frustrating part is that she took off in the first place and was out all hours of the night doing whatever she was doing.

When I was praying about it this morning, I asked God why He let her go, when I had prayed that He would thwart any plans she had? I believe He answered that it's because she needs help...now...and this would jump start our plans again. We clearly cannot trust her to stay home during the day, or at night.

Please, please, pray for direction and discernment for us today. Dar (reluctantly) went to work, and I have to stay home and make some phone calls, some decisions, some plans. Pray that her mental health case manager has some ideas as to what to do, possibly even putting her in-patient at Willmar, New Ulm, or Rochester. Pray that they don't just tell us to wait until court next week, because I don't know if we can wait that long. She seems to be on a one-way road to destroying herself.

Food that God has given me this week to sustain my spirit:

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust'" Psalm 91:1-2

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

And I found this one this morning, which perfectly describes my heart right now:
"The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish" Psalm 25:17

Kendra

1 comment:

JRL said...

Kendra, this is the KLOVE verse of the day PS. 84:11 For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.

Let His word encourage you, check out KLOVE, they have a prayer request line that prays 3 times a day for the requests coming in, they will also send you encouraging verses, it really helps in times of need and it is surprising how many times the verse is exactly what you need to hear!
Love ya and you are in our prayers,
Renae