Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sleep, sweet, deep, sleep

Quit night last night. I let the kids go spend the night at a friend's house. Dar worked, then we watched a movie. I went for a walk, made some brownies, and played the keyboard while he was at work...it was nice to have some alone time. Went to bed at 11:30 and didn't wake up until 9:40 this morning! Wow! I can't remember the last time I slept that long. I must've really needed the sleep. In fact, I know I did cuz I've been exhausted no matter what I do to get energy.
Thank you Lord for a good night's sleep!

Sleep kind of seems to be another "theme" that's going on. I've needed it. I mentioned a couple of posts ago about Cassie being blessed with deep, restful sleep. I read Tina Wagner's Caring Bridge entry (www.caringbridge.org/visit/joelwagner) and she's having trouble sleeping well, and could use a blessing of many nights of deep, restful sleep. Perhaps God is saying to His children...rest, rest in ME, let Me restore your energy, your life, your health, through MY deep, restful sleep. Let Him lay you down beside the still waters and restore your soul...we all need it and in this crazy culture of ours, we don't get it very often.

Rest well my friends...until next time.
So here's something interesting. I have KLOVE's encouraging Word of the day emailed to my every day. I just opened up today's Word and it's this:
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe. ~ Psalm 4:8 NLT
Hmmm....more to this theme of sleep, eh?

No comments: