Friday, March 20, 2009

Professional or Rookie?

Thoughts taken from my hand-written journal this morning:

I feel like my life is a car flying down the road at a couple hundred miles an hour! It's go-go-go from the time my feet hit the floor at 6am until I fall into bed close to midnight. The machine feels barely under control...it feels like one slip or wrong move and it will be careening, spinning and crashing.

I guess it's a matter of who's in control of the machine, eh? Take a race car, for instance. If I was driving a race car on the track, it'd crash within minutes of the start of the race. Yet in the hands of a professional driver? No worries! Obviously, God is the "professional driver" and I'm the rookie...so I have to make sure HE is the one in control of the car of my life!

I found a couple Bible verses that talk about this principal.

Galatians 5:25 - Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Proverbs 16:9 - In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Jeremiah 10:23 - I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.
Proverbs 16:3 - Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

This is why it's so important to spend those first waking moments with Him every morning! It keeps my spirit in step with His, it's me giving the firstfruits of my day to Him, thereby dedicating the whole of the day to Him. What better way to keep Him in control of the car and keep me safe!

No comments: